Posted to j-dev@xerces.apache.org by Albert Yip <al...@techpacific.com> on 2001/04/18 04:07:13 UTC

Problems with & symbol

Hi all,

I am new to the list and if this problem has been mentioned before, please accept my apologies for bringing it up again. I am using Xerces 1.2.2's DocumentBuilder to parse an xml file. It seems like the parser will stop parsing when reaching an "&". For example:

<xxx>test & test</xxx>

The output from this tag will be just "test" instead of "test & test". Anyone know what causes this problem? Right now, I URLEncode all information got put into the xml file to make sure the "&" symbol doesn't exist, is there a better work-around?

Thanks,
Albert