Posted to dev@felix.apache.org by Filippo Diotalevi <fi...@gmail.com> on 2009/07/16 22:18:52 UTC

Confused by the Apache Karaf console....

Hi,
  I think I'm missing something in the Felix console strategy... I've
built tonight Karaf (after some weeks) and I found gogo instead of the
usual gshell...

  Apache Felix Karaf (1.2.0-SNAPSHOT)

Type 'help' for more information.

karaf@root> help
help
karaf@root>
karaf@root>

Does the migration from gshell to gogo mean we've lost all the
previous commands? Do they need to be re-implemented in gogo? Or maybe
I missed some important detail?

--
Filippo Diotalevi

Re: Confused by the Apache Karaf console....

Posted by David Savage <da...@paremus.com>.
Just to say you can set your SCOPE variable in your shell to save
having to type the scope part of commands you use often.

In posh which is also based on rfc 132 I'm using:

% SCOPE=posh:osgi:*

This means it picks up any commands in the posh scope first, then in
the osgi scope and after that any other registered commands.

If you want to use the features: install without typing the "features"
scope you could set

karaf@root>SCOPE=features:osgi:*
karaf@root>install xxx
karaf@root>uninstall xxx

Regards,

Dave

On Fri, Jul 17, 2009 at 8:14 AM, Charles Moulliard<cm...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Filippo,
>
> Previous commands are not loast but you have to use like thise :
> karaf@root>features: install xxx
> karaf@root>features: uninstall xxx
> and so on
>
> But I guess, this is very perturbing from old users using gshell since a
> couple of months. Reeducation is required to switch from gshell to gogo.
>
> Regards,
>
> Charles Moulliard
> Senior Enterprise Architect
> Apache Camel Committer
>
> *****************************
> blog : http://cmoulliard.blogspot.com
>

> On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:18 PM, Filippo Diotalevi <
> filippo.diotalevi@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>  I think I'm missing something in the Felix console strategy... I've
>> built tonight Karaf (after some weeks) and I found gogo instead of the
>> usual gshell...

>>  Apache Felix Karaf (1.2.0-SNAPSHOT)
>>
>> Type 'help' for more information.
>>
>> karaf@root> help
>> help
>> karaf@root>
>> karaf@root>
>>
>> Does the migration from gshell to gogo mean we've lost all the
>> previous commands? Do they need to be re-implemented in gogo? Or maybe
>> I missed some important detail?
>>

>> --
>> Filippo Diotalevi

Paremus Limited. Registered in England. Registration No. 4181472

Registered Office: 22-24 Broad Street, Wokingham, Berks RG40 1BA

Postal Address: 107-111 Fleet Street, London, EC4A 2AB

The information transmitted is intended only for the person(s) or
is prohibited.

If you received this in error, please contact the sender and delete
the material from any computer.

Re: Confused by the Apache Karaf console....

Posted by Charles Moulliard <cm...@gmail.com>.
Hi Filippo,

Posted by Filippo Diotalevi <fi...@gmail.com>.
On Thu, Jul 16, 2009 at 10:43 PM, Moloney, Tim M<Ti...@mantech.com> wrote:
> Since I'm still new to Karaf and need the help, I've found that I can
> hit <tab> on an empty Karaf command line to list all the available
> commands, then enter <command> --help to get the arguments and options
> that are available.

Thanks!

Posted by "Moloney, Tim M" <Ti...@ManTech.com>.
Yes, help is (temporarily?) not working after the switch to gogo.

Since I'm still new to Karaf and need the help, I've found that I can
hit <tab> on an empty Karaf command line to list all the available
commands, then enter <command> --help to get the arguments and options
that are available.

Tim Moloney             The  reasonable  man adapts  himself  to
MRSL                    the world; the unreasonable one persists
2015 Cattlemen Road     in trying to adapt the world to himself.
Sarasota, FL  34232     Therefore  all progress  depends on  the
(941) 377-6775 x208     unreasonable man.    George Bernard Shaw