Posted to users@cloudstack.apache.org by Frank Lind <fl...@haystack.mit.edu> on 2014/03/20 22:21:10 UTC

system vm network question

Hi,

Getting Cloudstack 4.2.1 going and we have an issue with configuration
of our storage system VM. Logged into the ssvm via ssh correctly and ran
the test script. This fails where the connection to the storage is not
made properly due to a name resolution issue. The nameserver in
/etc/resolv.conf gets set to the proper DNS server IP value (e.g.
172.16.0.1). However the default domain name is not set properly (e.g.
search mydomain.edu). When queried for the host name of the management
server only the server name is used without any domain. The DNS only
responds properly if given a fully qualified domain name or if it has a
correct default search domain.

Can't seem to figure out how to either modify the system vm to retain an
edit to /etc/resolv.conf or to get our DNS to handle a default. Another
possibility would be to get the cloud management database to use the IP
address of the management server on the system vms instead of the host
name.

Any ideas on how to make this work properly?

Thanks,

Frank Lind