Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Jason Morehouse <jm...@netconcepts.com> on 2005/09/09 06:08:31 UTC

[users@httpd] ErrorDocumet segfault w/ php

Hello all,

Have run into a strange problem.  We have a custom ErrorDocument that
points to a php file.  This worked fine up till the past little while.
Noq it just segfaults.

httpd.conf has:

ErrorDocument   404 /404.php

vhost error_log:
[Thu Sep 08 21:14:03 2005] [error] [client 24.100.23.23] script
'/var/www/testtest' not found or unable to stat

server error_log:
[Thu Sep 08 21:11:32 2005] [notice] child pid 2102 exit signal
Segmentation fault (11)

If I change the ErrorDocument to a plain html file it works fine.  If I
go directly to the php document in a browser, it works fine.

We are using redhat enterprise linux 4.  httpd-2.0.52 and PHP 5.1 RC1.
I'm not sure when the problem started... and I've pulled out as much out
of the apache conf to try and track it down.  It may be a problem with
PHP, as it's not a production version... but it seems odd that it would
work in the browser fine.

Anyway, if anyone has any thoughts, would be great!
Thanks
-J

Re: [users@httpd] ErrorDocumet segfault w/ php

Posted by Joe Orton <jo...@redhat.com>.
On Thu, Sep 08, 2005 at 09:08:31PM -0700, Jason Morehouse wrote:
> ErrorDocument   404 /404.php
> server error_log:
> [Thu Sep 08 21:11:32 2005] [notice] child pid 2102 exit signal
> Segmentation fault (11)
>
> If I change the ErrorDocument to a plain html file it works fine.  If I
> go directly to the php document in a browser, it works fine.
>
> We are using redhat enterprise linux 4.  httpd-2.0.52 and PHP 5.1 RC1.

It's a bug in that version of PHP, it was fixed since then (and was not
present in 5.0.x releases either IIRC).

joe