Posted to users@cocoon.apache.org by "Wang, Gonghui" <Wa...@con-way.com> on 2002/08/15 18:32:36 UTC

Re: NO JdbcConnection class available --cocoon 2.0.3 binary relea se u sing informix jdbc driver 2.21

Thanks, it actually works by switching back to an older verion of jdbc
driver and only use ifxjdbc.jar.
One more gotya when using XSP however, when I use
 <esql:get-string column="name"/> twice for the same column,
                    <option>
                      <xsp:attribute name="value"><esql:get-string
column="some_col"/></xsp:attribute>
                      <esql:get-string column="some_col"/>
                    </option>
it gives funny error message:
java.sql.SQLException: System or internal error Q154.
By removing one of the line, i.e. get the column once, it works fine. I don
not know whether this is a documented limitation of XSP or due to informix
driver. Just post it here in case someone run into the same funny error
message.

On 14.Aug.2002 -- 03:56 PM, Wang, Gonghui wrote:
> I am using cocoon 2.0.3 under tomcat 4.0.4 to try the employee example. It
> works on Oracle database, but fail for Informix database.

Hi.
I use Informix all the time -- although with an older JDBC driver that
doesn't need the special treatment. For me, ifxjdbc.jar is
sufficiant. You need an entry in web.xml like

   <!-- For Informix Database Driver: -->
    com.informix.jdbc.IfxDriver

in <init-param><param-name>load-class</param-name><param-value>....
(next to org.hsqldb.jdbcDriver).

Also, look for the initialization of the pool rather than the
instantiation of it when looking at the log.

For me, a jdbc entry looks like:

        <jdbc logger="core.datasources.vquadrat" name="vquadrat">

<dburl>jdbc:informix-sqli://host:port/vquadrat:informixserver=host</dburl>
          <user>username</user>
          <password>password</password>
        </jdbc>

HTH.

	Chris.
--
C h r i s t i a n       H a u l
haul@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de

Re: NO JdbcConnection class available --cocoon 2.0.3 binary relea se u sing informix jdbc driver 2.21

Posted by Christian Haul <ha...@dvs1.informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>.
On 15.Aug.2002 -- 09:32 AM, Wang, Gonghui wrote:
> Thanks, it actually works by switching back to an older verion of jdbc
> driver and only use ifxjdbc.jar.
> One more gotya when using XSP however, when I use
>  <esql:get-string column="name"/> twice for the same column,
>                     <option>
>                       <xsp:attribute name="value"><esql:get-string
> column="some_col"/></xsp:attribute>
>                       <esql:get-string column="some_col"/>
>                     </option>

Hi,

I use

  Informix JDBC Driver Version 2.20.JC1

and have no problems so far. I.e. I can request the same value
multiple times using esql:get-string.

	Chris.