Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Alexander Papaspyrou <al...@udo.edu> on 2005/03/11 11:29:20 UTC

[users@httpd] mod_auth_ldap: AuthLDAPUrl support for socket connections (ldapi://)?

Hello,

I have apache-2.0.52 up and running and authentication via mod_auth_ldap
(the one distributed with apache) works like a charm.

However, as apache and the LDAP server (openldap-2.1.30) are running on
the same machine, I'd like apache to connect to the LDAP directory via
*NIX sockets (the socket file /var/run/openldap/slapd.sock).

Normally -- and this is how all other services on this machine do it --
I have socket style URIs to connect, e.g.:

	ldapi://%2fvar%2frun%2fopenldap%2fslapd.sock/
		dc=example,dc=com/?uid?sub?(objectClass=posixAccount)

Unfortunately, apache seems to ignore such URIs and wets its pants with
a "cannot bind" error message.

My question is:

	Are socket connections supported?

The strange thing about this is that looking at the source code, there
are some references to ldapi:// style URIs, but I can't get it to work.

If they are, please (with sugar on top) someone point me on the docs I
obviously missed. If not, when will they come?

Regards,
Alexander Papaspyrou