Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Simon Maltby <si...@btinternet.com> on 2005/06/07 13:15:24 UTC

[users@httpd] Novice needs help

Hi. I've just got Apache to run a web server on my computer, however when I
try and go to my web page it gives a 403 error. I have configured my proxy
server to direct HTTP to my PC, and I have a dynamic DNS address and
program. I havn't touched the configuration of Apache though it all looked
ok from what I can tell. My firewall is deffinetly not stopping anything
either. My first thoughts is that it is the permissions that are not set
right, I am using Windows 2000. Could someone please give me some help with
this? It would be very appreciated. http://maltelec.no-ip.com Thanks very
much. Simon.

Re: [users@httpd] Novice needs help

Posted by "Dan Mahoney, System Admin" <da...@prime.gushi.org>.
On Tue, 7 Jun 2005, Simon Maltby wrote:

What does the error log say?

Finding a "tail" program that can continually look at a logfile as it
comes in might help you a lot.

-Dan

> Hi. I've just got Apache to run a web server on my computer, however when I
> try and go to my web page it gives a 403 error. I have configured my proxy
> server to direct HTTP to my PC, and I have a dynamic DNS address and
> program. I havn't touched the configuration of Apache though it all looked
> ok from what I can tell. My firewall is deffinetly not stopping anything
> either. My first thoughts is that it is the permissions that are not set
> right, I am using Windows 2000. Could someone please give me some help with
> this? It would be very appreciated. http://maltelec.no-ip.com Thanks very
> much. Simon.

"I can feel it, comin' back again...Like a rolling thunder chasin' the
wind..."

-Dan Mahoney, JS, JB & SL, May 10th, 1997, Approx 1AM

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.

Is http://maltelec.no-ip.com the site you are having problems with? Odd,
because I can visit it with no probs.
Please DONT top-reply, it makes the thread dificult to follow

-Patrick

Re: [users@httpd] Novice needs help

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.
Simon Maltby wrote:

>Re: my problem I manged to sort it. Heres a classic dyslexic one for you: I
>read "Dieable incomming commands" and ticked the Delete box when it actually
>read "Enable incomming commands" and thus I only enabled the Delete command.
>Yes I am blonde as well.
>
>Thanks to Dan and Patterick who replied.

This happens to the best of us Simon, no prob.
And as for the dyslexia....;)

-Patrick

RE: [users@httpd] Novice needs help

Posted by Patrick Donker <li...@webpagina.nu>.