Posted to soap-dev@xml.apache.org by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com> on 2000/11/17 18:30:19 UTC

SOAP and TCP

Are there any plans to support TCP-based SOAP services in SOAP-J?  We
would like to be able to have clients register for notifications and
then the service could "push" SOAP messages to the client when their
requested events occurred.  This would require a more permanent kind of
connection rather than the HTTP or SMTP methods available today.

Thanks

--
David C. Hicks
Mach Turtle Technologies,  Inc. (www.machturtle.com)

Re: SOAP and TCP

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com>.
I don't think that using TCP will keep SOAP from properly marshalling
data.  The same mechanisms for transferring data between the client and
the server will still exist, but the roles will be reversed.  I just
would like to be able to create a connection and maintain it...or at the
very least let the "client" pretend to be a server long enough to
receive notification.

Re: SOAP and TCP

Posted by "David C. Hicks" <dh...@machturtle.com>.

Re: SOAP and TCP