Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com> on 2003/12/05 00:57:37 UTC

Instructions for compiling JK2 connector for tomcat 5?

Hello:

Are there any instructions for compiling the JK2 connector for
Tomcat 5?

I am trying to do this on a RedHat 9 machine with the IBM
1.4.1 SR1 JDK.

I have ant 1.5.3 installed and the ANT_HOME variable set properly.
I have apache 2.0.45 installed in /usr/local/apache
I have an enviroment variable JAVA_HOME that points to the java sdk

Here is what I did:

cd /usr/local
Grabbed the jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16.tar.gz from the tomcat 5 binaries
directory.
tar zxf jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16.tar.gz

cd /usr/local
Grabbed the jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz from the
connectors
source directory.
tar zxf jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src.tar.gz

cd /usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk
cp build.properties.sample build.properties
vi build.properties and set these directives:
	tomcat5.home=/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-5.0.16
	apache2.home=/usr/local/apache
ant native

I get this error:
file:/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/build.xml:232
: srcdir
"/usr/local/jakarta-tomcat-connectors-jk2-2.0.2-src/jk/jkant/java" does
not exist!

Any ideas on why this does not work?

Thanks,
	Neil

--
Neil Aggarwal, JAMM Consulting, (972)612-6056, www.JAMMConsulting.com
FREE! Valuable info on how your business can reduce operating costs by

RE: Instructions for compiling JK2 connector for tomcat 5?

Posted by Neil Aggarwal <ne...@JAMMConsulting.com>.
Jerry:

I also have had to set up symbolic links, but this error is looking
for something in the build directory and there are no docs to tell
me what it is looking for.

Thanks,
	Neil