Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by sebb <se...@gmail.com> on 2007/04/18 15:52:00 UTC

Proposing new committer - which mailing list to use?

The page

     http://jakarta.apache.org/site/roles.html

mentions that existing committers can propose new committers by e-mail
vote - however it does not seem to say where to send the e-mail
proposal.

It mentions setting the Reply-To to private AT jakarta when sending
the invite - is the private list also the correct place to submit the
initial proposal?

Can anyone advise please?

Just in case the proposal fails, I don't want to cause hurt to the
person by raising the vote on a public mailing list such as this.

S///

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/19/07, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 19/04/07, Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com> wrote:
> > On 4/18/07, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> > > Hi S///,
> > > AFAIK, yes!

> > <snip/>
> >
> > Unfortunately, we're quite inconsistent in the way we do these votes at Jakarta.
>
> Which may be because the process is not fully documented.

<snip/>

Yes, I suspect its been "you do what you've seen done on such
occassions in the past" sort of thing.

-Rahul

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Rahul Akolkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
On 4/18/07, Rony G. Flatscher <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at> wrote:
> Hi S///,
> > It mentions setting the Reply-To to private AT jakarta when sending
> > the invite - is the private list also the correct place to submit the
> > initial proposal?
> AFAIK, yes!
>
> > Just in case the proposal fails, I don't want to cause hurt to the
> > person by raising the vote on a public mailing list such as this.
<snip/>

Unfortunately, we're quite inconsistent in the way we do these votes at Jakarta.

> Just have done that and the voting has been going on on private. (Even
> if it was the wrong list, you would be pointed at, I am sure! ;) )

<snap/>

That was a different kind of vote.

-Rahul

Posted by "Rony G. Flatscher" <Ro...@wu-wien.ac.at>.
Hi S///,
> It mentions setting the Reply-To to private AT jakarta when sending
> the invite - is the private list also the correct place to submit the
> initial proposal?
AFAIK, yes!