Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Ben Wylie <sa...@benwylie.co.uk> on 2006/07/24 23:12:14 UTC

DNS timeout and debugging

I am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 Server.

Is there any way for me to change the DNS timeout period?

Is there a way for me to increase debugging info on DNSBL tests?
When for some reason, if all DNS tests work, no positive results are
given, and only if it times out on some of them will the others give me
positive results.
For example i would like it to put a line in the log when it positively
gets a hit on a DNSBL test.

Thanks
Ben

Re: DNS timeout and debugging

Posted by Nigel Frankcom <ni...@blue-canoe.net>.
On Mon, 24 Jul 2006 22:12:14 +0100, Ben Wylie
<sa...@benwylie.co.uk> wrote:

>I am running SpamAssassin 3.1.2 on Windows 2003 Server.
>
>Is there any way for me to change the DNS timeout period?
>
>Is there a way for me to increase debugging info on DNSBL tests?
>When for some reason, if all DNS tests work, no positive results are
>given, and only if it times out on some of them will the others give me
>positive results.
>For example i would like it to put a line in the log when it positively
>gets a hit on a DNSBL test.
>
>Thanks
>Ben

rbl_timeout   in your local.cf