Posted to dev@shindig.apache.org by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at> on 2014/09/10 10:47:40 UTC

broken caja dependeny

Hi!

The current Shindig version has a dependency to caja defined in
java/gadgets/pom.xml (and in <dependencyManagement of the main pom.xml):

   <dependency>
     <groupId>caja</groupId>
     <artifactId>caja</artifactId>
     <version>r5054</version>
   </dependency>

However, this artifact does not exist! (I'm aware of the repository
http://google-caja.googlecode.com/svn/maven/.) According to caja's POM,
the specified version has a groupId of com.google.caja.

This should be fixed in Shindigs POMs. Do you agree?

Should I create a JIRA for this?

thx,
- martin

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Raj Janorkar <ra...@gmail.com>.
My question may be out of topic.

I started creating my first project using Shindig, and i install .WAR file.
We can download .WAR file and it is easy to install in TOMCAT.

Just trying to understand (i am not java programmer), until and unless i
dont make any changes to java source code (some customization). i really
dont need to build it??  Or do i need to build shindig even i dont change
source code to pickup system configuration (java version, memory etc...) on
which i will be running shindig??

Shindig is good application.

For PHP application we need to install APACHE and TOMCAT (its setup is bit
complex.) otherwise everything is perfect.

Regards,
Raj

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Paul Lindner <li...@inuus.com>.

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by felix <fe...@gmail.com>.
btw, I have a todo item to remove Caja from Shindig, since nobody uses it
and it isn't kept up to date, but I don't know when I'll get to it

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Stanton Sievers <ss...@apache.org>.
Thanks for walking through these issues with us and writing up these issues.

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Done. I've filed

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Martin Hoeller <ma...@xss.co.at>.
Hi Stanton!

On 11 Sep 2014, Stanton Sievers wrote:

> Hi Martin,
>
> I don't see Caja in the maven central repository.

Correct, it isn't there.

> My concern is that it
> won't resolve if we update the groupId.  We're explicitly adding the
> google-caja repository to find this artifact.

Yes, I know. And I'm talking exactly about the artifact in this
google-caja repository:
http://google-caja.googlecode.com/svn/maven/caja/caja/r5054/caja-r5054.pom

This pom.xml has

  <groupId>com.google.caja</groupId>
  <artifactId>caja</artifactId>
  <packaging>jar</packaging>

So the groupId the should be used is (according to this pom)
com.google.caja and not caja. And that's exactly what I'm asking for.

Got me now?

- martin

Re: broken caja dependeny

Posted by Stanton Sievers <ss...@apache.org>.
Hi Martin,

I don't see Caja in the maven central repository.  My concern is that it
won't resolve if we update the groupId.  We're explicitly adding the
google-caja repository to find this artifact.

Until the artifact is properly stored in maven central I don't think we can
do anything.  There was a recommendation of adding caja to the maven
central repository [1] but it didn't go anywhere.  I haven't found any
other responses regarding why caja is not in maven central.

Sorry I couldn't be of more help.
-Stanton

[1] https://code.google.com/p/google-caja/issues/detail?id=1306

Re: broken caja dependeny