Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Dhruba Bandopadhyay <bd...@gmail.com> on 2008/04/23 11:03:08 UTC

4.1.2 problems

Having had problems with 5.1.0 I switched to 4.1.2 and am getting
these issues with 4.1.2.

(1)
ERROR TransportConnector             - Could not accept connection :
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
java.net.SocketException: Too many open files
        at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.accept(PlainSocketImpl.java:384)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.implAccept(ServerSocket.java:453)
        at java.net.ServerSocket.accept(ServerSocket.java:421)
        at org.apache.activemq.transport.tcp.TcpTransportServer.run(TcpTransportServer.java:153)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

(2)
WARN  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Old message cleanup failed due
to: SQL Exception: A lock could not be obtained within the time
requested
WARN  TransportConnection            - Failed to remove consumer:
ID:gbprd01-gs-con02.complinet.com-53034-1208880551977-0:0:9:1. Reason:
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
java.lang.OutOfMemoryError: GC overhead limit exceeded
WARN  JDBCPersistenceAdapter         - Old message cleanup failed due
to: SQL Exception: A lock could not be obtained within the time
requested
WARN  ManagedTransportConnection     - Failed to register MBean:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=broker2,Type=Connection,ConnectorName=openwire,Connection=ID_gbprd01-gs-con01.complinet.com-41163-1208880295517-2_0
WARN  ManagedRegionBroker            - Failed to register MBean:
org.apache.activemq:BrokerName=broker2,Type=Subscription,persistentMode=Non-Durable,destinationType=Queue,destinationName=deploy-queue,clientId=ID_gbprd01-gs-con02.complinet.com-53034-1208880551977-2_0,consumerId=ID_gbprd01-gs-con02.complinet.com-53034-1208880551977-0_0_9_1
WARN  AbstractRegion                 - A duplicate subscription was
detected. Clients may be misbehaving. Later warnings you may see about
subscription removal are a consequence of this.

I am sending 1.5million messages through a single broker with failover
to another broker and two consumers on the first broker.  The first
one I will address by increasing open file limit.  The second I have
no idea about.  Is that derby falling over?

Thanks.

Re: 4.1.2 problems

Posted by Dhruba Bandopadhyay <bd...@gmail.com>.
A small correction and clarification.  The version of problem (2) in
this case may have been due to OOM.  However I have had lock related
exception without OOM as well and wondered whether it was derby
related or activemq related.