Posted to soap-user@xml.apache.org by "Gerl, Kevin" <KG...@synchrony.net> on 2001/09/24 20:18:08 UTC

SOAP2.2 and JDOM-B7

Hello,

I am trying to upgrade an existing SOAP2.2 installation to use the new JDOM
b7 release and am running into problems with the header parsing inside the
SOAP code. It seems that as the XML is being parsed, it is writing the same
node element twice, which causes a problem on the read.

With the old jdom, by the time it came to the DOM2Writer.print method, for
the case statement Node.ELEMENT_NODE, either elPrefix or elNameSpacePrefix
(don't remember which one) was coming out as null. Therefore,
printNameSpaceDecl was never invoked. With the new jdom, it is not null and
printNameSpaceDecl gets invoked (a few lines down in the code) which adds
the attribute again (for username and password). I just hacked it to set
prefixIsDeclared to be true by default instead of false so that
printNameSpaceDecl would never get invoked.

My quick solution was a very messy hack and I was wondering if anyone else
had tried SOAP 2.2 and the newer jdoms together. This was also happening
with jdom b6 as well.

Any information or ideas as to what I am doing incorrectly or a better
approach to resolve this would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Kevin Gerl

Re: SOAP for Mobile phones

Posted by Naresh Agarwal <na...@yahoo.com>.
hi
i know about two sites, which hosts lots of web services. may be u can find
a web service for PDAs over there..

have a look at the following sites

www.salcentral.com
www.xmethods.net

regards,
Naresh

SOAP for Mobile phones

Posted by Gaurav <ga...@ecom.aptech.ac.in>.
Hi there,

SOAP for Mobile phones

Posted by Gaurav <ga...@ecom.aptech.ac.in>.
Hi there,

Re: SOAP2.2 and JDOM-B7

Posted by Dom <do...@free.fr>.
Hi

I'm using SOAP 2.2 with JDOM b7, JAXP 1.1 and JDK 1.3.1

But I've noticed that is supplied with JDom b7 a rather old version of
Xerces (older than with b6) . I replaced it with a 1.3 version and
everything looks fine.

Dom

Re: SOAP2.2 and JDOM-B7