Posted to dev@allura.apache.org by Dave Brondsema <da...@brondsema.net> on 2014/01/28 23:01:50 UTC

updating the design for user profile pages

The user profile (aka user-project) page has grown and evolved for some time
without much design thought given to it.  Thus at its current state, it's a
bunch of stuff all piled together on the middle of the page.  We (at
SourceForge) would like to give it a nice facelift and have done some design
work to mock up what it could look like, roughly.  See it at
https://sourceforge.net/p/allura/tickets/_discuss/thread/5e3ae94f/8dd3/attachment/Sourceforge_Profilepage_draft6.jpg

Obviously the SourceForge header is part of our custom theme and wouldn't be
part of the profile page in Allura proper.  And some other smaller tweaks to
this design would be adjusted as it gets implemented, I'm sure.

There's a ticket #7097 for this, but I wanted to point it out in a separate
email since it's a bigger change and we welcome any opinions before diving in to
implementation.

--
Dave Brondsema : dave@brondsema.net
http://www.brondsema.net : personal