Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Robert Brown <ro...@intelcompute.com> on 2016/01/08 22:18:57 UTC

SolrCloud: Setting/finding node names for deleting replicas

Hi,

I'm having trouble identifying a replica to delete...

I've created a 3-shard cluster, all 3 created on a single host, then
added a replica for shard2 onto another host, no problem so far.

Now I want to delete the original shard, but got this error when trying
a *replica* param value I thought would work...

shard2/uk available replicas are core_node1,core_node4

I can't find any mention of core_node1 or core_node4 via the admin UI,
how would I know/find the name of each one?

Is it possible to set these names explicitly myself for easier maintenance?

Many thanks for any guidance,
Rob

Re: SolrCloud: Setting/finding node names for deleting replicas

Posted by Erick Erickson <er...@gmail.com>.
For some reason, "slice" is the preferred term in the _code_, while
"shard" is preferred in docs....

FWIW
Erick

Posted by Jeff Wartes <jw...@whitepages.com>.