Posted to user@storm.apache.org by "Christian F. Gonzalez Di Antonio" <ch...@gmail.com> on 2017/05/11 13:39:38 UTC

Question about "serialize" my own pojos

Hi everyone,
Recently we are implementing Apache Storm Topologies using our own POJOS
(and DTOs)  as a tuples between BOLTS.

So, until know we are not having issues with serialization (Storm internal,
or not detected), we are testin that in our preproduction cluster (1 nimbus
and 2 supervisors) after local mode.

But a the Question is: If you use your own POJO (Complex or simple) is
always  necesary to write your Serializer for each, I mean, Kyro or
others?.

Why I undertand, Apache Storm use Kyro only whe your tuple between bolts
and Spouts are primitive types, strings, byte arrays, ArrayList, HashMap,
HashSet, and the Clojure collection types (
http://storm.apache.org/releases/1.0.3/Serialization.html).

So, if you pass your own POJO between Spouts and Bolts it try to serialize
using Java Serizalization because I tell it when I implement my POJOs

public class MyPOJO implements Serializable { ...

Right?

Regards,
Christian