Posted to dev@jmeter.apache.org by Prajjwal Laad <Pr...@india.nec.com> on 2020/08/20 07:32:23 UTC

Visualizer unable to parse Content Type from XML file

Hello,

I have encountered an issue with the Visualizer functionality with the latest JMeter master branch.

Below are the details of the issue:

Steps to reproduce:

1. Record any website (google in my case) using Recording template. Make sure to configure the View Results tree inside HTTP Test Script Recorder (say VR_1) to save the recording file (say rec.xml).

2. Add another View Results tree (say VR_2) anywhere in the tree and open the recorded file.

Issue:

In VR_1, the content type of the response is correctly shown as text/html.

[cid:image001.png@01D676F2.23176FB0][cid:image002.png@01D67650.2AD6F4C0]

But in VR_2, Where the recording is opened by browsing the file, it fails to parse the response content type.

[cid:image001.png@01D676F2.23176FB0][cid:image004.png@01D67650.2AD6F4C0]

Environment: Windows 10, JDK 8
How did I run JMeter: Cloned the latest JMeter master branch and run './gradlew runGui'.

If anyone is able to reproduce the same issue kindly confirm.

Best Regards

Prajjwal Laad

________________________________
The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for the named recipient(s) only. It shall not attach any liability on the originator or NECTI or its affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of NECTI or its affiliates. Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution and / or publication of this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately.

Re: Visualizer unable to parse Content Type from XML file

Posted by Felix Schumacher <fe...@internetallee.de>.
Am 20.08.20 um 09:32 schrieb Prajjwal Laad:

> Hello,
>

> I have encountered an issue with the Visualizer functionality with the
> latest JMeter master branch.
>
> Below are the details of the issue:
>

> Steps to reproduce:
>

> 1. Record any website (google in my case) using Recording template.
> Make sure to configure the View Results tree inside HTTP Test Script
> Recorder (say VR_1) to save the recording file (say rec.xml).
>
> 2. Add another View Results tree (say VR_2) anywhere in the tree and
> open the recorded file.

Have you had a look in the saved file (rec.xml in your example), whether
the information you wanted to save is really saved? You can configure
the parts to save in $JMETER_HOME/bin/jmeter.properties. Look for the
entries beginning with jmeter.save.saveservice

The documentation at
https://jmeter.apache.org/usermanual/properties_reference.html#results_file_config
sadly is missing many explanations. Maybe you find the time and add a
description to those, that you change :)

Felix