Posted to common-dev@hadoop.apache.org by Wei-Chiu Chuang <we...@apache.org> on 2020/10/14 22:24:53 UTC

JIRA privilege for committers/PMCs

Hi,

Is there any one who is a Hadoop committer or PMC, but who does not have
the committer/administrator privilege (e.g. assign/resolve jiras)?

JIRA projects like HADOOP has "hadoop" and "hadoop-pmc" groups added as
administrators.

So I would have thought all Hadoop committers/PMCs have administrator
privileges (assuming the hadoop group maps to all Hadoop committers and
hadoop-pmc for PMCs). But it seems not the case and I had to add the
administrator privileges to committers manually.  Does anyone know how it's
supposed to work?

Thanks,
Weichiu