Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by "G. Sharon Yang" <ok...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/02 03:44:29 UTC

What could cause all the emails go to 'deadletter'

Hello, all,

Somehow, all the emails (going to my james server and going out from
james server ) end up in deadletter table (I used the default
sqlResource.xml to create the tables). I did successfully receive
email to inbox table last week. Nothing changed in the server set up.

Here are the main configs: (in config.xml):
commented out all the var/mail related things, changed those to my
database (maildb).

added a new line to servernames:
	 <servername>mailserver.xxxxx.com</servername>

added two new servers to dnsserver

added more ip addresses to authorized address:

         <authorizedAddresses>192.xx.xxx.0/255.255.255.0,
127.0.0.0/8</authorizedAddresses>

xxx are just some examples. That are all the changes I made.

What could be the cause for the all the emails going to 'deadletter'
with either address-error or relay-denied error?

Thanks,

Sharon