Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by "Wilcox, Jim" <Ji...@maxar.com.INVALID> on 2022/02/02 18:13:07 UTC

Warnings - Client connection failed / Cleared up resources for session

We see several Artemis production level defects still open involving these warnings showing up and then consequences with losing messages:

2021-03-18 19:31:37,045 WARN [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ222061: Client connection failed, clearing up resources for session 7bf29b0d-8820-11eb-b383-90b11c6cd262
2021-03-18 19:31:37,047 WARN [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ222107: Cleared up resources for session 7bf29b0d-8820-11eb-b383-90b11c6cd262
2021-03-18 19:31:37,047 WARN [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ222061: Client connection failed, clearing up resources for session 7c007dbe-8820-11eb-b383-90b11c6cd262
2021-03-18 19:31:37,048 WARN [org.apache.activemq.artemis.core.server] AMQ222107: Cleared up resources for session 7c007dbe-8820-11eb-b383-90b11c6cd262

Can I get some more detail on what causes the above to show up?

And we are also producing the above at some point in our jms client tests against artemis 2.20 and they previously showed up with 2.17. Our tests do "pass" but we are seeing issues with unused queues not getting deleted as expected... and we do not know at this point if they are related.

It would seem we should not see those warnings in our logs during normal operations correct? Unless perhaps the client is truly having a connection/internet issue? Which in this case I am not observing that.

Thanks, Jim

This electronic communication and any attachments may contain confidential and proprietary information of Maxar, Inc. If you are not the intended recipient, or an agent or employee responsible for delivering this communication to the intended recipient, or if you have received this communication in error, please do not print, copy, retransmit, disseminate or otherwise use the information. Please indicate to the sender that you have received this communication in error, and delete the copy you received.

Maxar reserves the right to monitor any electronic communication sent or received by its employees, agents or representatives.

RE: Warnings - Client connection failed / Cleared up resources for session

Posted by "Wilcox, Jim" <Ji...@maxar.com.INVALID>.
Thanks much Justin for taking the time to respond with that insight and yes that is very helpful.

Fyi, it looks like we may keep supporting classic for a while longer, but this context is great to have as we dive in more on what additionally we may need to convert etc.

Jim

Posted by Justin Bertram <jb...@apache.org>.