Posted to java-user@axis.apache.org by santhosh kotte <sa...@yahoo.com> on 2012/02/15 18:39:50 UTC

Axis 1.4 Java:Problem with missing namespace prefix in SOAP Body

Hello
I am using Axis 1.1 to call a web service.
While converting
 a  org.w3c.dom.Element into a org.apache.axis.message.SOAPBodyElement
the namespace prefix present in the Element is being removed.
Eg:
Following is the Element
<ns:Extend xmlns:ns="http://xyz" ></ns:Extend>
When it is converted into  SOAPBodyElement it becomes
<Extend></Extend>

I am using the following constructor to create SOAPBodyElement from Element type.
SOAPBodyElement sle=new SOAPBodyElement(bodyElement);
where bodyElement is the Element type.

Can anyone please help me in resolving this issue?

Re: Axis 1.4 Java:Problem with missing namespace prefix in SOAP Body

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
Can you post some self-contained sample code that reproduces the issue?

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by santhosh kotte <sa...@yahoo.com>.
Hi
Does anyone have a solution to this issue?
I also have one more issue where multiple namespace prefixes are created for the same namespace URI.
Eg:
xmlns:x="http;//abc.com"
xmlns:y="http;//abc.com"
xmlns:z="http;//abc.com"

This issue is also seen when coverting an Element type into SOAPBodyElement.

Posted by santhosh kotte <sa...@yahoo.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.