Posted to user@spark.apache.org by Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> on 2014/09/12 02:12:38 UTC

Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

I am happy to announce the availability of Spark 1.1.0! Spark 1.1.0 is
the second release on the API-compatible 1.X line. It is Spark's
largest release ever, with contributions from 171 developers!

This release brings operational and performance improvements in Spark
core including a new implementation of the Spark shuffle designed for
very large scale workloads. Spark 1.1 adds significant extensions to
the newest Spark modules, MLlib and Spark SQL. Spark SQL introduces a
JDBC server, byte code generation for fast expression evaluation, a
public types API, JSON support, and other features and optimizations.
MLlib introduces a new statistics library along with several new
algorithms and optimizations. Spark 1.1 also builds out Spark's Python
support and adds new components to the Spark Streaming module.

Visit the release notes [1] to read about the new features, or
download [2] the release today.

[1] http://spark.eu.apache.org/releases/spark-release-1-1-0.html
[2] http://spark.eu.apache.org/downloads.html

NOTE: SOME ASF DOWNLOAD MIRRORS WILL NOT CONTAIN THE RELEASE FOR SEVERAL HOURS.

Please e-mail me directly for any type-o's in the release notes or name listing.

Thanks, and congratulations!
- Patrick

Re: Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.
Nice work everybody! I'm looking forward to trying out this release!

Re: Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

Posted by Debasish Das <de...@gmail.com>.
Congratulations on the 1.1 release !

Re: Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

Re: Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

Posted by Tim Smith <se...@gmail.com>.

Re: Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

Posted by Tobias Pfeiffer <tg...@preferred.jp>.
Hi,

On Fri, Sep 12, 2014 at 9:12 AM, Patrick Wendell <pw...@gmail.com> wrote:

> I am happy to announce the availability of Spark 1.1.0! Spark 1.1.0 is
> the second release on the API-compatible 1.X line. It is Spark's
> largest release ever, with contributions from 171 developers!

Great, congratulations!! The release notes read great!
Seems like if I wait long enough for new Spark releases, my applications
will build themselves in the end ;-)

Tobias

Re: Announcing Spark 1.1.0!

Posted by Nicholas Chammas <ni...@gmail.com>.