Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by "Thavutam, Prashanth" <1t...@toysrus.com> on 2003/10/28 23:39:17 UTC

Security model

Here is the requirement,

User is Authenticated with an already existing mechanism(uses windows
username), no explicit login required.
Use an existing table to authorize users and set all the portlets to view
only.
No roles, everybody is just a user.
There are no groups.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Prashanth

This email message is for the sole use of the intended recipient (s) and may
of the original message. To reply to our email administrator directly, send
an email to EmailAdmin@toysrus.com.
Toys "R" Us, Inc.

Re: Security model

Posted by Todd Kuebler <tk...@cisco.com>.

You just need to remove the form based logins from the template and
implement a SessionValidator to login the user into jetspeed/turbine
(assuming you can at least get the username from the request or somewhere).

-tk