Posted to dev@stanbol.apache.org by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de> on 2013/10/17 10:35:27 UTC

Jenkins and Java 7 tests Re: Update on integration test problems

I wondered why Jenkins does not report integration test failures and
looked at
https://builds.apache.org/computer/

The general Linux test machines are running Ubuntu and all of them seem
to be using OpenJDK version 1.6.0_27.

In other words: So far Stanbol probably is not tested with any Java 7
version by Jenkins. I do think that this should be improved.

jdk1.7.0_04 should be available on several of the Ubuntu-machines for
more than a year now:
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-5343?focusedCommentId=13468324&page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:comment-tabpanel#comment-13468324

Cheers,
Andreas

Re: Jenkins and Java 7 tests Re: Update on integration test problems

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de>.
Rupert Westenthaler:
> There are also nightly builds of Stanbol on dev.iks-project.eu. Those to use
>
> java version "1.7.0_25"
> OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1~deb7u1)
>
> on a Debian box.

And the integration tests do not fail on that machine?

That is almost but not exactly the same version I use:

java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.12) (7u25-2.3.12-4)

Posted by Rupert Westenthaler <ru...@gmail.com>.
Hi Andreas

+1 for a Jenkins build on Java 7, but I would also like to keep the
Java 6 build as Java 7 is anyway used by most Stanbol developers.

FYI: Personally I use

java version "1.7.0_07"
Java HotSpot(TM) 64-Bit Server VM (build 23.3-b01, mixed mode)

on Mac OSX

There are also nightly builds of Stanbol on dev.iks-project.eu. Those to use

java version "1.7.0_25"
OpenJDK Runtime Environment (IcedTea 2.3.10) (7u25-2.3.10-1~deb7u1)

on a Debian box.

best
Rupert

Posted by Andreas Kuckartz <a....@ping.de>.