Posted to modules-dev@httpd.apache.org by "Hammer, Tim" <Ti...@xerox.com> on 2007/12/14 03:50:46 UTC

(resend) RE: mod_ssl

Is there no one with any info or did I not ask my question in a proper
manner? Could someone at least acknowledge that this message is seen?

I am attempting to upgrade httpd from 1.3.x to 2.2.x for our web
application. I have managed to get everything building and working,
except SSL support. mod_ssl.so seems to load alright, but at some point
I get a core dump (one occurred during startup/initialization I think,
but I do get servers running; however, when I try to access a page from
a browser, everything dumps again).

All of the core dumps look the same:
#0  apr_bucket_shared_destroy (data=0x0) at
buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c:47
47      buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c: No such file or directory.
        in buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c
(gdb) bt
#0  apr_bucket_shared_destroy (data=0x0) at
buckets/apr_buckets_refcount.c:47
#1  0xb7fc9b61 in heap_bucket_destroy (data=0x0) at
buckets/apr_buckets_heap.c:35
#2  0xb7f67579 in bio_filter_in_read () from
/usr/local/apache2/modules/mod_ssl.so
#3  0x0000000b in ?? () from /lib/libm.so.6

As you can see, the call from mod_ssl.so into the buckets/ code is
passing a null pointer. None of our other modules have been modified to
use buckets. Does mod_ssl require the use of buckets?

Thanks for any info!
.Tim
Xerox Corporation, Office Group

Phone: 585/427-1684
Fax:     585/427-3244
Email:  Tim.Hammer@Xerox.com
Addr:  M/S 0801-80A
           1350 Jefferson Road
           Rochester, NY  14623

This e-mail message, including any attachments, is for the sole use of
the intended recipient(s) and may contain confidential information. Any
unauthorized review, use, disclosure or distribution is prohibited. If
you are not the intended recipient(s) please contact the sender by reply
Thank you.

RE: (resend) RE: mod_ssl

Posted by "Hammer, Tim" <Ti...@xerox.com>.

> On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 11:01:09AM -0500, Hammer, Tim wrote:
> > No, I am trying to use the new (2.2.x) mod_ssl with our
> modules that
> > have been "ported" from 1.3.x to 2.2.x. However, the "port" did not
> > convert our modules to use buckets and I am wondering if the new
> > mod_ssl is requiring the content generator(s) (our modules) to have
> > created a brigade.
> >
> Ah. And everything works when mod_ssl is left out?

Yes.

Re: (resend) RE: mod_ssl

Posted by Mads Toftum <ma...@toftum.dk>.
On Fri, Dec 14, 2007 at 11:01:09AM -0500, Hammer, Tim wrote:
> No, I am trying to use the new (2.2.x) mod_ssl with our modules that
> have been "ported" from 1.3.x to 2.2.x. However, the "port" did not
> convert our modules to use buckets and I am wondering if the new mod_ssl
> is requiring the content generator(s) (our modules) to have created a
> brigade.

Ah. And everything works when mod_ssl is left out?

vh

Mads Toftum
--
http://soulfood.dk