Posted to dev@accumulo.apache.org by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> on 2013/11/20 04:31:17 UTC

FooConstraint.jar Source

I'm working through ShellServerTest and noticed we have two jars that
are used for testing.

'test/src/test/resources/FooFilter.jar' contains a class file and the
java source file, but 'test/src/test/resources/FooConstraint.jar' only
contains a class file.

Is the source for this class somewhere that I missed? I can't find it
elsewhere in the tree.

Re: FooConstraint.jar Source

Posted by Keith Turner <ke...@deenlo.com>.
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 12:30 PM, Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com> wrote:

> Does not having the source run us afoul of ASF policy?

I don't know, but I agree w/ Josh that it should be fixed before release.
 At the very least the Constraint jar should have source like the Filter
jar.   I used javap to disassemble FooFitler.class and I think it lines up
w/ the source.

Posted by Billie Rinaldi <bi...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Nov 20, 2013 at 10:19 AM, Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com> wrote:

> AFAIK, yes. We are not distributing the complete source which is a no-no.

In my opinion, these files are binary blobs that we use to test the source
we're distributing, like the sample RFiles also in our source tree.  (There
are actually several more jars used as test resources, not just those
two.)  I'm in favor of including the source in the jars.  If we can figure
out a better way of doing the testing that doesn't involve pre-compiled
jars, I'm in favor of that too; but if we can't, I don't consider this a
blocker.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Mike Drob <md...@mdrob.com>.

Posted by Josh Elser <jo...@gmail.com>.