Posted to user@velocity.apache.org by "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> on 2001/09/07 21:20:29 UTC

Barracuda versus Turbine..

Hi all,

Anyone have any pointers to good unbiased articles about the differences,
benefits, and disadvantages to Velocity and Enhydra's Barracuda?

In many ways they seem rather similar..  Is Enhydra comparable to
Tomcat/Jboss/Turbine/Velocity effors?

Eric

Re: Barracuda versus Turbine..

Posted by Jon Stevens <jo...@latchkey.com>.
on 9/7/01 12:20 PM, "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Anyone have any pointers to good unbiased articles about the differences,
> benefits, and disadvantages to Velocity and Enhydra's Barracuda?
>
> In many ways they seem rather similar..  Is Enhydra comparable to
> Tomcat/Jboss/Turbine/Velocity effors?
>
> Eric

Please read the archives.

-jon

Re: Barracuda versus Turbine..

Posted by "Geir Magnusson Jr." <ge...@optonline.net>.
On 9/7/01 9:20 AM, "Pugh, Eric" <EP...@MuseumCompany.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Anyone have any pointers to good unbiased articles about the differences,
> benefits, and disadvantages to Velocity and Enhydra's Barracuda?
>
> In many ways they seem rather similar..  Is Enhydra comparable to
> Tomcat/Jboss/Turbine/Velocity effors?
>
> Eric

As Jon noted, there is plenty of this discussion in the archives.  However,
the comparison is really between Turbine and Barracuda, I think.  Velocity
is just one of the many important pieces offered in a framework.  (I like to
think it's the most important thing in the universe, but I am a touch
biased... :)

Seriously, there is more to it than the presentation - user / user rights
management, external services (mail, for example), combining multiple view
technologies into a single site, etc.

geir

System and Software Consulting
If you look up, there are no limits - Japanese Proverb