Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Victor Hernandez <vi...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/16 20:15:12 UTC

Internationalizing seed data

Hi everybody,

I have a little concern about OFBiz internationalization because my native
language is not English, and I saw there are a good advance about that but I
still continue seeing many UI's which still are in English due that entity
data is not translated, that is entirely comprehensible but I believe that
having the user perspective in mind may be we have to consider the
translation at least of seed data.

For that I believe that a similar approach such as the used for the
*.properties files in the OFBiz code can be useful just appending the
language suffix to each XML instance documents containing seed data, for
instance the file "/applications/accounting/ofbiz-component.xml" contains a
line like this:

<entity-resource type="data" reader-name="seed" loader="main"
location="data/AccountingTypeData.xml" />

And the "/applications/accounting/data/AccountingTypeData.xml" file contains
ENGLISH data to be imported at system setup time, but we can to use a
localized version instead if exist like
"/applications/accounting/data/AccountingTypeData_es.xml".

What you think about? What substantial code changes implies?

Cheers

- Victor Hugo Hernández Posadas

Re: Internationalizing seed data

Posted by Danny Gaethofs <da...@inbox.com>.