Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alex Karasulu <ao...@bellsouth.net> on 2004/01/13 17:24:49 UTC

[vote] On voting privately on ppmc list (was Re: Re: Status of the ppmc)

Guys,

I personally feel that some votes should be deem sensitive as Nicola
says and should be hence kept on the ppmc list as well as certain kinds
of discussions.  I'd like to vote on the various topics that should be
deemed sensitive and discussed on the ppmc list now before we get the
list setup.  Note that some of these issues to be discussed will occur
when we graduate from the incubator:

Voting on comitters:
[X] sensitive
[ ] nonsensitive

Discussions about perspective committers:
[X] sensitive
[ ] nonsensitive

Voting on pmc nominees and pmc chairs:
[X] sensitive
[ ] nonsensitive

Discussions about perspective pmc nominees and pmc chairs:
[X] sensitive
[ ] nonsensitive

Discussions, confrontations and votes regarding the resolution of
personality conflicts (should never get to this though):
[X] sensitive
[ ] nonsensitive

Alex

Re: [vote] On voting privately on ppmc list (was Re: Re: Status of the ppmc)

Posted by Jeff Machols <jm...@apache.org>.
On Tue, 2004-01-13 at 11:24, Alex Karasulu wrote:
> Guys,
>
> I personally feel that some votes should be deem sensitive as Nicola
> says and should be hence kept on the ppmc list as well as certain kinds
> of discussions.  I'd like to vote on the various topics that should be
> deemed sensitive and discussed on the ppmc list now before we get the
> list setup.  Note that some of these issues to be discussed will occur
> when we graduate from the incubator:
>
> Voting on comitters:
> [X] sensitive
> [ ] nonsensitive

+1
> Discussions about perspective committers:
> [X] sensitive
> [ ] nonsensitive

I am OK with the initial discussions being deemed sensitive but we need
to be careful about disclosing information or reasoning for the
decisions made from these discussions.  We need to make sure information
flows out so we don't look like a band of pirates trying to hoard
everything we can get our hands on.  Also, any problems with people
should be out in the open so we can work on a resolution or improve the
situation.  This certainly can be done in a professional way which not
only improve the group, but allow the person(s) to improve themselves.
(hopefully I don't sound too much like a touchy-feely HR person :) )

> Voting on pmc nominees and pmc chairs:
> [X] sensitive
> [ ] nonsensitive

+1
> Discussions about perspective pmc nominees and pmc chairs:
> [X] sensitive
> [ ] nonsensitive

 Same as above comments

> Discussions, confrontations and votes regarding the resolution of
> personality conflicts (should never get to this though):
> [X] sensitive
> [ ] nonsensitive

+1

Jeff