Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Oliver Heger <ol...@oliver-heger.de> on 2012/12/25 21:27:08 UTC

[configuration] Defining variable resolvers in configuration definition files

Hi all,

currently I am working on [CONFIGURATION-518] - rework of interpolation
features.

DefaultConfigurationBuilder supports that custom variable resolvers can
be defined in its definition files. I noticed that these resolvers are
not only used locally, but are also registered as global lookup objects.
I think, this behavior is pretty invasive, and it does not seem to be
documented (at least not in the Javadocs of
DefaultConfigurationBuilder). This seems to be a workaround for making
such custom resolvers available to other objects (e.g.
ConfigurationInterpolator objects in DynamicCombinedConfiguration).

I temporarily disabled this mechanism (and had to @Ignore 4 test cases
which now are failing). I hope to find a better solution based on the
builders approach I am working on in parallel. In this context, I also
plan to have a more generic mechanism to define default settings for
newly created Configuration objects.

Oliver