Posted to users@wicket.apache.org by "oliver.stef" <ov...@gmail.com> on 2012/07/19 13:46:30 UTC

re-direct after pop-up notification

Hi all,

I wan't to display a pop-up message and after that (after the user pressed
on he "OK" button inside the pop-up notification) i wan't to re-direct him
to a new page.

i tried to do the following: (from NewPage1)
try {
	runMe( form );

	target.appendJavascript("alert('submitted successfully')"); //after the
user press 'OK' --> display NewPage2

	setResponsePage(NewPage2.class); //re-direct to NewPage2
}

but he won't show me the "submitted successfully" message, he re-direct me
straight to NewPage2.

any ideas??

Thanks!

Re: re-direct after pop-up notification

Posted by "oliver.stef" <ov...@gmail.com>.
Thanks!
I will try it and update.

Re: re-direct after pop-up notification

Posted by Fergal Keating <fe...@directski.com>.
Hi,

Seems to me like you just added JS to the target, but then redirected so
instead of the current page being updated with the JS, it just loads the
new page.
Im not sure what your trying to get at, however maybe an alternate solution
is

when a form is updated you could make visible an AlertPanel which gets the
user to click an OK button.

then override the Onclick for the button in the AltertPanel to redirect to
new page. (or just have the OK button be a link to a new page directly)

Fergal.

On 19 July 2012 12:46, oliver.stef <ov...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I wan't to display a pop-up message and after that (after the user pressed
> on he "OK" button inside the pop-up notification) i wan't to re-direct him
> to a new page.
>
> i tried to do the following: (from NewPage1)
> try {
>         runMe( form );
>
>         target.appendJavascript("alert('submitted successfully')");
> //after the
> user press 'OK' --> display NewPage2
>
>         setResponsePage(NewPage2.class); //re-direct to NewPage2
> }
>
> but he won't show me the "submitted successfully" message, he re-direct me
> straight to NewPage2.
>
> any ideas??
>
> Thanks!

Fergal Keating