Posted to dev@cloudstack.apache.org by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org> on 2013/06/29 10:11:55 UTC

Test Result for test-smoke-matrix #559

Test Run: #559
--------
Total:94
Fail :7
Skip :2
--------

name                                               pass    fail    skip
test_vm_life_cycle/                                   9       1       0
test_global_settings/                                 1       0       0
test_affinity_groups/                                 0       1       0
test_deploy_vm/                                       1       0       0
test_network_acl/                                     1       0       0
test_regions/                                         1       0       0
test_resource_detail/                                 1       0       0
test_pvlan/                                           1       0       0
test_iso/                                             5       0       1
test_deploy_vm_with_userdata/                         2       0       0
test_routers/                                        10       0       0
test_disk_offerings/                                  3       0       0
test_scale_vm/                                        0       1       0
test_deploy_vms_with_varied_deploymentplanners/       2       1       0
test_templates/                                       6       1       1
test_internal_lb/                                     1       0       0
test_nic/                                             1       0       0
test_portable_publicip/                               2       0       0
test_non_contigiousvlan/                              1       0       0
test_ssvm/                                           10       0       0
test_network/                                         8       2       0
test_public_ip_range/                                 1       0       0
test_vm_snapshots/                                    3       0       0
test_volumes/                                         9       0       0
test_guest_vlan_range/                                1       0       0
test_privategw_acl/                                   1       0       0
test_service_offerings/                               4       0       0
--------

Regressions
--------

Failures
--------
name                                                                                                                            duration    age
integration.smoke.test_vm_life_cycle.TestVMLifeCycle.test_10_attachAndDetach_iso                                                  60.309      6
integration.smoke.test_affinity_groups.TestDeployVmWithAffinityGroup.test_DeployVmAntiAffinityGroup                                0.113     26
integration.smoke.test_scale_vm.TestScaleVm.test_01_scale_vm                                                                       5.175     34
integration.smoke.test_deploy_vms_with_varied_deploymentplanners.TestDeployVmWithVariedPlanners.test_deployvm_userdispersing     181.766    145
integration.smoke.test_templates.TestTemplates.test_04_extract_template                                                            5.092      3
integration.smoke.test_network.TestAssignRemoveLB.test_assign_and_removal_lb                                                     348.935      2
integration.smoke.test_network.TestLoadBalancingRule.test_02_create_lb_rule_non_nat                                               15.443     34

Fixed
--------
name                                                                                   duration    age
integration.smoke.test_templates.TestTemplates.test_03_delete_template                    5.107      0
integration.smoke.test_network.TestDeleteAccount.test_delete_account                    393.394      0
integration.smoke.test_network.TestLoadBalancingRule.test_01_create_lb_rule_src_nat     157.437      0
integration.smoke.test_network.TestPortForwarding.test_01_port_fwd_on_src_nat           111.589      0
integration.smoke.test_network.TestPortForwarding.test_02_port_fwd_on_non_src_nat        30.585      0

Latest report @
http://jenkins.buildacloud.org/view/cloudstack-qa/job/test-smoke-matrix/lastCompletedBuild/testReport/

Prasanna.,

------------------------
Powered by BigRock.com

Re: Test Result for test-smoke-matrix #559

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Prasanna, this category is already added in log4j-cloud.xml.in. Thanks for taking care of this.

-min

Sent from my iPhone

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 03:11:26PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 05:50:58PM +0000, Min Chen wrote:
> > Hi Prasanna,
> >
> > 	Can you add the following logging configuration in your log4j
> > configuration in your automation run:
> >
> > <category name="org.apache.cloudstack">
> > 	<priority value="DEBUG"/>
> >    </category>
> Should we start including this in the default categories on the
> cloudstack installations from 4.2? I think with the namespace changing
> the log4j-cloud.xml.in hasn't adopted.

Looks like Edison already fixed this:
6b9ea1761a0f8776e6f6cc973bbe7cfa002ce514

------------------------

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Mon, Jul 01, 2013 at 06:07:24PM +0000, Prachi Damle wrote:
> Hi Prasanna,
>
> For the following two test failures:
>
> - integration.smoke.test_affinity_groups.TestDeployVmWithAffinityGroup.test_DeployVmAntiAffinityGroup
>    It looks to be some issue with the test itself. The test is failing to find the affinity group created during the test setup.

Yeah, fixed the test. A recent merge of the test suites for affinity
groups for regressin removed the account/domainid from being passed
during account creation. THanks for taking a look.

> - integration.smoke.test_deploy_vms_with_varied_deploymentplanners.TestDeployVmWithVariedPlanners.test_deployvm_userdispersing
>    For the test failure about user dispersing, deployment will always succeed due to the best-effort strategy even if it is not possible to  disperse the VMs . So we may want to remove the userdispering and userconscentrated planner tests as they may not indicate true failures.

I will remove the dispersion logic and print a warning and exit. Won't
fail the test. The concentration logic is as per planner behaviour and
it passes successfully.

--
Prasanna.,

------------------------

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 05:04:49PM +0530, Prasanna Santhanam wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 02, 2013 at 03:33:39PM +0530, Girish Shilamkar wrote:
> > Hello Prasanna,
> >
> > While adding rest of the affinity rules tests I had removed affinity rules test from smoke. But while
> > going through various iterations on the review board this hunk to remove test from smoke was dropped.
> > The same test is now included in component.
>
> > I think we should remove test_affnity_groups.py from smoke.
>
> We'll have one test suite per feature at least in the smoke set. This
> includes some basic positive tests that the dev owner will include as
> part of their feature merge to master.
>
> The component tests are in-depth coverage of the feature written by
> QAs.
>
> --
BTW, most of the affinity_group tests in component suite are
failing/erroring out:
https://gist.github.com/vogxn/5908555

------------------------

Posted by Prasanna Santhanam <ts...@apache.org>.

Posted by Girish Shilamkar <gi...@clogeny.com>.
Hello Prasanna,

While adding rest of the affinity rules tests I had removed affinity rules test from smoke. But while
going through various iterations on the review board this hunk to remove test from smoke was dropped.
The same test is now included in component.
I think we should remove test_affnity_groups.py from smoke.

Regards,
Girish

Posted by Min Chen <mi...@citrix.com>.
Hi Prasanna,

	Can you add the following logging configuration in your log4j
configuration in your automation run:

<category name="org.apache.cloudstack">
	<priority value="DEBUG"/>
   </category>
I am trying to look into create_template test case failure, but the ms log
does not show much information for me to get some clue where it happens
wrong.

	Thanks
	-min