Posted to user@ignite.apache.org by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com> on 2016/04/13 12:49:36 UTC

Re: spark and ignite - possibilities

Hi Tomk,

IGFS is essentially a caching layer which could be used on top of any Hadoop
file system. If ThriftServer performs heave data processing, then it is
definitely make sense to try IGFS.

BTW, please properly subscribe to the user list (this way we will not have
to manually approve your emails). All you need to do is send an email to “
user-subscribe@ignite.apache.org” and follow simple instructions in the
reply.

Vladimir.

Re: spark and ignite - possibilities

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
Hi,

I am not very familiar with ThriftServer unfortunately. You should follow
it's documentation to figure out how to make it use custom file system. As
per IGFS setup please refer to documentation:
https://apacheignite-fs.readme.io/docs/file-system

Vladimir.

Posted by tomk <rr...@gmail.com>.
Could you tell how to do it ?

Posted by Vladimir Ozerov <vo...@gridgain.com>.
IGFS is a Hadoop-compatible file-system. If ThriftServer doesn't have
strong dependencies on some HDFS-specific features, then yes - it could be
used instead of HDFS.

Could you please provide more detailed explanation of your use case with
ThriftServer?

Posted by tomk <rr...@gmail.com>.
IGFS can works with thriftserver without HDFS?