Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2017/12/07 04:40:28 UTC

[VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.0 release candidate (RC0) is available

The first HBase 1.4.0​ release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.0RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1185/ .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.4.0RC0' (3d571827cb).

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.0RC0/hbase-1.3.1-1.4.0RC0_compatibility_report.html
​. All reported compatibility issues should comply with policy but please
review them carefully.

A list of the ​652 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/OErT .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try
to close it ​Monday December 18, 2017 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks to
1.4.0RC0 (3d571827cb):

   - RAT check passes (7u80)
   - Unit test suite passes (8u131)
   - LTT load 1M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u131)
   - PE randomWrite, randomRead, scanRange100 (8u131)
   - 100M rows ITBLL (8u131)

Between now and when I want to close the vote I'll write up human readable
release notes for the release announcement as promised. I also have agreed
to run a scale ITBLL test, a performance comparison with 1.2 using YCSB, a
performance comparison with 1.2 using PE, and an analysis of code and
allocation hot spot changes from 1.2, all of which I will publish when
available and factor in to my vote.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.0 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for taking a look Balazs. Please file a JIRA for that. It may be a cosmetic problem but if we have to spin another RC I want to be sure to fix it.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
I tried a few RS group commands:

--------------

hbase(main):001:0> list_rsgroups
GROUPS
default
1 row(s) in 1512748253.9920 seconds

hbase(main):002:0> add_rsgroup 'my_group'

hbase(main):003:0> list_rsgroups
GROUPS
default
my_group
2 row(s) in 1512748276.9400 seconds

--------------
The displayed duration was off but the commands actually returned fast.

I would say this is minor defect.

Cheers

Posted by Balazs Meszaros <ba...@cloudera.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.
-1, see HBASE-19465

RC1 coming as soon as I fix this.

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.0 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Chia-Ping Tsai <ch...@apache.org>.
+1

Unit test suite passes (8u131)
hadoop-2.7.4 pass