Posted to users@jena.apache.org by Luigi Selmi <se...@hotmail.com> on 2012/01/16 20:52:44 UTC

TDB: inferences while using tdbloader

Hi,
I would like to know if it is possible to make inferences in TDB using tdbloader to upload new triples into a dataset.

Thanks

Luigi

Re: TDB: inferences while using tdbloader

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.
On 18/01/12 14:31, Luigi Selmi wrote:

> Hi Andy, thanks for the two answers. So I have to use RIOT in order
> to perform RDFS level inferences. That is enough for that level but
> since I use a OWL-DL ontology there is a way to perform inferences at
> that level (OWL-DL) using some of the script that come with TDB ? If
> not it means that I have to manage the inferences from an
> application, after that the triples have been loaded, using the OWL
> inference model of Jena or another reasoner. Is that right ? Many
> thanks.

You don't have to do it that way - it's one way of materializing the
inferences and storing them.  You can do it on a whole model (memory
limitations arise) so yes, you may need to use the inference engine.
One way is to use it, then store the materialised model so at  query
time, you don't need the inference engine.

	Andy

RE: TDB: inferences while using tdbloader

Posted by Luigi Selmi <se...@hotmail.com>.
Hi Andy,

Posted by Andy Seaborne <an...@apache.org>.