Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Michal <ca...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/19 10:06:48 UTC

AMQ 4 to 5: Database schema upgrade

I am using activemq 4.0 with jdbc persistance. Now I want to migrate to
version 5.0.
My database contains messages. I would like to have the same messages in
AMQ after upgrade. As a last resort I could start both brokers (4 and 5) and
copy messages (consume from 4 and produce to 5) - but that would be really
painful process and I could loose some important metadata.

I could not find any db migration script in AMQ release, also AMQ website
does not mention this either.

I see that there were some small changes in the schema (f.e. sub_dest column
in table ACTIVEMQ_ACKS)

The questions are:
* can I get somewhere db migration scripts?
* if I identify changes manually, would it be safe to assume that only
schema has changed - content is still the same (so broker 5 will safely host
messages from 4)?
* What are other good techniques (tips) to copy messages (ideally without
loosing its metadata) from version 4 to version 5.

Thanks
Michal