Posted to ivy-user@ant.apache.org by St...@ipaustralia.gov.au on 2007/05/07 01:38:18 UTC

Re: Conflict problem [SEC=UNCLASSIFIED]

Hi Thomas,
you state that App_A is dependent on Common 1.+ and Ivy is resolving to
Common 1.1.0.

Why do you think this is an error?

If you really want App_A to resolve with Common 1.0.0 then change its
dependency from 1.+ to 1.0.0.

Regards,
Stephen

Thomas Schoepfer <t....@daetwyler-graphics.ch>
04/05/2007 02:32 AM
Please respond to
ivy-user@incubator.apache.org

ivy-user@incubator.apache.org
cc

Subject
Conflict problem

Hi

I currently try to use ivy for a small repository.
I'm stuck upon configuration.

My repo contains 4 modules:
- Common 1.0.0
- Common 1.1.0
- Runtime 2.3
- Runtime 2.4

App_A depends Runtime 2.3 and Common 1.+
App_B depends Runtime 2.4 and Common 1.+
Common 1.0.0 depends Runtime 2.3
Common 1.1.0 depends Runtime 2.4

I can resolve App_B.
- This selects Common 1.1.0 and Runtime 2.4.

Resolution of App_A fails.
- It selects Runtime 2.3 (as expected)
- It selects Common 1.1.0 (instead of 1.0.0)

defaultConflictManager is set to "strict"

Can ivy be configured to try other revs, if the easiest path fails?

Regards
--
Thomas Schöpfer

Re: Conflict problem

Posted by Thomas Schoepfer <t....@daetwyler-graphics.ch>.
Stephen.Davies@ipaustralia.gov.au schrieb:

> Hi Thomas,
> you state that App_A is dependent on Common 1.+ and Ivy is resolving to
> Common 1.1.0.
>
> Why do you think this is an error?
>
> If you really want App_A to resolve with Common 1.0.0 then change its
> dependency from 1.+ to 1.0.0.
>
> Regards,
> Stephen

Hi Stephen

This is just a simplified example.
If this conflict happens in 2. and 3. level, it cannot be
resolved without change of repository.
Changing the repository to the needs of a special path may
break another app's dependencies.

I don't say that's an error. It's a missing feature.

Regards
 Thomas

--
Thomas Schöpfer