Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com> on 2016/06/06 14:59:04 UTC

SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Hey everyone,

we just launched http://www.scipioerp.com a modern ERP & E-Commerce solution
based on Apache OFBiz. Among our changes are:

*         New: templating toolkit (standardization of html in freemarker &
widgets)

o   Includes new standardizes elements

*         New: Foundation CSS based Backoffice themes

o   Metro (a modern admin theme)

o   Base (an unstyled foundation theme)

*         New: Modern E-Commerce theme

o   Foundation-Shop

*         New: Modern e-Commerce store

o   Demo:  https://ce.scipioerp.com/shop

o   Several Bugfixes

o   Code clean-up

o   Migration of templates to templating toolkit

*         New: Modern backoffice applications

o   Demo:  <https://ce.scipioerp.com/admin> https://ce.scipioerp.com/admin

o   Migration to templating toolkit

o   Simplification & standardization of UI Elements

o   New & Updated screens

o   Various bug-fixes

o   Update on all menus (so that they are coherent & understandable)

*         Various Bugfixes to the framework

*         Groovy file rewrites

*         Label fixes

*         General code clean-up

*         Updated rendering engine

*         Full solr integration

The package is released as open-source under the Apache License and
available for download here:  https://github.com/ilscipio/scipio-erp

I hope you enjoy our effort and are as excited as we are. Feel free to join
our community: http://forum.scipioerp.com/

A complete developer documentation is available here:
http://www.scipioerp.com/community/developer/installation-configuration/

Kind regards,

Paul

P.S.: The project is compatible with OFBiz 14 at the moment and has been
tested with other OFBiz version as well. For more information, refer to our
migration guide:
http://www.scipioerp.com/community/developer/installation-configuration/ofbi
z-migration/

---

Paul Piper

Geschäftsführer

Web:  <http://www.ilscipio.com/> http://www.ilscipio.com

Tel: (+49) 611-94589441

Mobil: (+49) 176-63283066

Fax: (+49) 611-94589449

eMail:  <ma...@ilscipio.com> pp@ilscipio.com

ilscipio GmbH

Am Drosselschlag 7

D-35452 Heuchelheim

Germany

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Ron Wheeler <rw...@artifact-software.com>.
Are you contributing your fixes and enhancements back to OFBiz or are
you building a completely new product that will diverge from OFBiz quickly?

Ron

--
Ron Wheeler
President

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
nvm, he already forwaded

--
-----

Jonatan Soto

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Jonatan Soto <se...@gmail.com>.
Hi Sharan,

Put me on CC if you don't mind.

Thanks,

Jonatan

On Thu, Jun 23, 2016 at 9:17 AM, Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Paul
>
> That's great news. I'll email you offline with the details.
>
> Thanks
> Sharan
>
> On 2016-06-22 14:14 (+0200), Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com> wrote:
> > @Sharan: Thanks for the proposal. Our Jonatan is interested in
> representing
> > Scipio ERP at the ApacheCon. Can you give us an outline on the next
> steps? I
> > suppose we still have to write up the outline of the talk and such?
> >

> > --

-----

Jonatan Soto

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.

Posted by Pierre Smits <pi...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul,

Looks very slick and modern. Very Web 2.0. Well done & congrats.

Best regards,

Pierre Smits

ORRTIZ.COM <http://www.orrtiz.com>
OFBiz based solutions & services

OFBiz Extensions Marketplace
http://oem.ofbizci.net/oci-2/

Posted by Ashish Vijaywargiya <as...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Very good work Paul. Thanks for sharing!

--
Kind Regards
Ashish Vijaywargiya

Posted by Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Hello Paul,

It is amazing. Congrats.

Best regards
Vaibhav Jain <va...@hotwaxsystems.com>
Hotwax Systems <http://www.hotwaxsystems.com/>

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Its' admin/scipio

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Okay never mind, got it-

Posted by Pranay Pandey <pr...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Great job Paul and team.

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul

I've just had an idea! Are you interested in submitting a presentation about
this new OFBiz implementation at Apachecon EU in Seville in November?

We are looking for submissions for a proposed OFBiz track and this sounds
like it could be interesting to share with others in the community and
Apache in general.

What do you think?

Thanks
Sharan

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Sanjay Yadav <sa...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
This is spectacular! Excellent work Paul and team.

Thanks & Regards,

Sanjay Yadav
Manager, Enterprise Quality Assurance
HotWax Systems

Posted by Divesh Dutta <di...@hotwaxsystems.com>.
Great work Paul and team.

Posted by Sharan-F <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul

Excellent work and a very nice implementation. Look and feel is great!
Thanks very much for sharing

Thanks
Sharan

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Thanks for all the positive feedback. We are quite excited about all of this
ourselves.

Perhaps I should let you know that we recently updated our developer docs -
they should be a good starting point for all of you interested:

http://www.scipioerp.com/community/developer/installation-configuration/

Besides the basics on SCIPIO ERP, they also cover the essential topics that
are true for OFBiz also: Overall Archiecture, Services, Entities, Views,
Components, Events & Actions and more.

Cheers :)

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Julien NICOLAS <ju...@nereide.fr>.
Very good work Paul !

I love this theme :)

Julien.

Posted by Heidi Dehaes - Olagos <in...@gmail.com>.
Nice modern and useful ecommerce layout !

Eric

Olagos bvba
Heidi Dehaes
Kerkstraat 34
2570 Duffel
Belgium
Tel. :     015/31 53 04
GSM :    0485/22 35 80
E-mail : info.olagos@gmail.com
http://www.olagos.eu
http://www.olagos.com
http://www.olagos.be
http://www.olagos.nl

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
I thought I'd share it with you guys, that we just released version 1.14.2 of
Scipio ERP. The changes since 1.14.1 include:

* New powerful, nested (side bar) menu system and screen patterns for all
backend applications (see Common and Admin components CommonScreens.xml) –
enhanced browsing in all applications
Templating Toolkit (Freemarker): New utilities and directives, numerous
enhancements to current directives
* Template and screen refactors and fixes for all applications (various)
* Integration of Docs into the Admin App Sidebar (Development menu item)
* Framework and library fixes
* Various stock ofbiz security & bugfixes
… and more!

For a full list of changes, please refer to our  Release Notes
<http://www.scipioerp.com/community/download/release-notes/#1-14-2>   .

Unfortunately, the CMS didn't quite make it this time around - but will be
included in one of the future releases.

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
*cough* Perhaps a sneak preview of the upcoming release 1.14.2
(https://twitter.com/madppiper/status/783575351150649345)

<http://ofbiz.135035.n4.nabble.com/file/n4695570/SCIPIO_CMS.png>

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Paul Piper <pp...@ilscipio.com>.
Hey Sharan,

and thanks for the update. Like I said - it isn't really a big issue on our
end. Like I said, Jonatan would have enjoyed the exchange, but then again an
open online discussion could be even more suitable anyhow. We have a few
things to show for the upcoming Release 1.14.2 that would not have been
suitable for the Apachecon (the talk there was more open and rather focused
on the benefits of having forks and the potential of growing together). So
the spirit here is that we are rather excited over the idea now.

We will release a schedule soon.

Cheers,
Paul

Re: SCIPIO ERP: a modern OFBiz fork

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul

I've heard that they have replaced the cancelled OFBiz talk with a Java development one instead and that it will be at end of the track.

For showcasing your product \u2013 maybe it might be interesting to look at running a general OFBiz meetup closer to home (if not online). In the past we have talked about running OFBiz meetups and webinars but haven't managed to get around to arranging any yet.

Thanks
Sharan

Posted by Sharan Foga <sh...@gmail.com>.
Hi Paul

Do you know if your talk was put on hold?

The reason I'm asking is there is one talk in the published track for OFBiz that I know needs to be replaced as the speaker cant make it. In these cases they go back to the talks that are on hold. I'll follow up with the Apachecon team to see what replacement talk has been selected.

Thanks
SHaran

Posted by Gavin Mabie <kw...@gmail.com>.
Good Job guys