Posted to user@jmeter.apache.org by Nithya Prakash <ni...@gmail.com> on 2010/06/22 14:34:04 UTC

Running JDBC request and HTTP request in the same Thread... Is it possible ??

Hi

I have a scenario.
     1. I create a project
     2. Create a requirement
     3. Create a solution for the requirement.
     4. Now i'll send a Service Request for Quote .

When we send a request, on the other side automatically the solution which
we have created will be created.... this Solution ID i need to fetch which
can be done through Database, its because no where other than DB the ID will
be seen. Now my Queries are :
     1. Is it possible to Fetch the ID ?
     2. By running JDBC Request am able to get the ID, but How to connect it
with my HTTP request ?? Can i use the result of JDBC to my HTTP(next
request) ??

Its because if i run the JDBC alone am getting the output but if i run the
JDBC along with my other HTTP request(as the above scenario) am not getting
the output...

If am wrong anywhere please correct me and let me know a way out.

Thnaks
--
Nithya Prakash.L
nithyaprakash86@gmail.com

Re: Running JDBC request and HTTP request in the same Thread... Is it possible ??

Posted by Deepak Shetty <sh...@gmail.com>.
a. For your question use variables names in JDBC request
http://jakarta.apache.org/jmeter/usermanual/component_reference.html#JDBC_Request
then use ${variableName} in your HTTP Request

However
If you have a web app, then how does the browser know what the solution ID
is? The solution ID will be present in some form in the link that the user
clicks or the form that gets posted and you should be able to get the value
from there

regards
deepak