Posted to users@opennlp.apache.org by Peter Harrington <pe...@gmail.com> on 2011/08/10 02:42:20 UTC

Name Finder Documentation

Hi I am really glad I found OpenNLP.

I have been going through the Name Finder API documentation, and I
found two small typos in the code examples:
1. the for loop
for (String document[][] : documents) {

  for (String[] sentence : document) {
    Span nameSpans[] = find(sentence);
    // do something with the names
  }

  nameFinder.clearAdaptiveData()
}

I the find should be a method of the nameFinder object, so the line:
Span nameSpans[] = find(sentence);
should be:
Span nameSpans[] = nameFinder.find(sentence);

2. In the next code block, the sentence variable is incorrectly typed.
 It reads:
String sentence = new String[]{
    "Pierre",
    "Vinken",
    "is",
    "61",
    "years"
    "old",
    "."
    };
However I believe that should be type sentence[].

Minor typos in the documentation, let me know if there is anything I
can do to fix the documentation.

Re: Name Finder Documentation

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.
On 8/16/11 3:45 AM, Peter Harrington wrote:
> I have created a Jira ticket, and attached a patch.  Should I be on the
> opennlp-dev mailing list?
> Please excuse my n00bishness, this is the first Apache project I have helped
> out.

Over at this list we mostly discuss the development of OpenNLP itself,
you are invited to join it. It is not so much traffic anyway.

Jörn

Re: Name Finder Documentation

Posted by Peter Harrington <pe...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jörn Kottmann <ko...@gmail.com>.