Posted to issues@struts.apache.org by johana pin <jo...@yahoo.com> on 2007/08/31 21:53:53 UTC

[s2 on J4] custom ExceptionMappingInterceptor log

Hi,
I extended 'ExceptionMappingInterceptor' to add the logging functionality. I want to log to my own file. The problem is that the logging is done in SystemOut file.

I used log4j in the custom interceptor:
private org.apache.commons.logging.Log log = LogFactory.getLog(getClass());
The problem also appears when I use the log object from the super class (ExceptionMappingInterceptor).

The log4j.properties file works for all the other classes in the application, but only for this one does not (logging is done in SystemOut).

I did not see any custom parameter related to a log file in struts.xml. The interceptor usage:
<interceptor-ref name="customExceptionInterceptor">
    <param name="logEnabled">true</param>
    <param name="logLevel">DEBUG</param>
</interceptor-ref>

The application service is WebSphere 6.0. I use the 2.0.9 version of struts - J4 distribution. I also use Spring.

How this could be done ?
Thank you

http://farechase.yahoo.com/

RE: [s2 on J4] custom ExceptionMappingInterceptor log

Posted by Sunil Krishnatry <su...@gmail.com>.
For every class you need to have a logger instance. While creating that
instance you need to pass the class name also to it.
Otherwise I don’t see any problem with the logger.

[...]

8:21 PM

Checked by AVG Free Edition.
8:21 PM