Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org> on 2007/11/11 14:44:18 UTC

anyone want to work on surefire?

Hi all,

This has been the state of play in surefire for some time due to lack
of volunteers:  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Surefire+TestNG
+refactoring
I'm still only finding occasional time for it and usually some
regression in 2.3 takes my attention first - I still need to ship
2.3.1 :(

Anyone interested in looking at Surefire, the TestNG support, or any
Surefire bugs in general?

Particularly anyone at ApacheCon who can get together and hack on it
this week.

Cheers,
Brett

--
Brett Porter - brett@apache.org

Re: anyone want to work on surefire?

Posted by Kev Jackson <fo...@gmail.com>.
Hi Brett,

> Anyone interested in looking at Surefire, the TestNG support, or any
> Surefire bugs in general?

I'd like to work on something mvn related, but I won't have time for at
least another 3-4 weeks (and I can't make apachecon US)

Kev

Re: anyone want to work on surefire?

Posted by Brett Porter <br...@apache.org>.
On 13/11/2007, at 9:46 AM, Paul Gier wrote:

> Brett Porter wrote:
>> Hi all,
>> This has been the state of play in surefire for some time due to
>> lack of volunteers:  http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/
>> Surefire+TestNG+refactoring
>> I'm still only finding occasional time for it and usually some
>> regression in 2.3 takes my attention first - I still need to ship
>> 2.3.1 :(
>> Anyone interested in looking at Surefire, the TestNG support, or
>> any Surefire bugs in general?
>> Particularly anyone at ApacheCon who can get together and hack on
>> it this week.
>> Cheers,
>> Brett
>> --
>
> I won't be at ApacheCon, but I should have some time to help.
> Looking at the remaining issues for 2.3.1 I don't see a lot of
> TestNG specific stuff.  Do you need more help with 2.3.1 issues or
> with 2.4 TestNG issues?

I'm slowly going through 2.3.1 issues between interruptions - but I
think they mostly have patches (thanks!) or are just for checking
whether they can be reproduced. If you see anything you can look at
quickly - by all means do and just ping me on IRC so we don't tread
on each other (I'll generally assign to myself first anyway).

The rest is in the 2.4 bucket - which is a large number. Some again
will just need re-verifying, some have patches and several need work
(particularly testng stuff). Some may be dropped back to a later
version so if you think that's the case say so too. I'll take any
help on offer :)

If you're thinking of doing a bit and wanted to try GIT I can figure
out how to get that going for myself too. Thanks!

Cheers,
Brett

Posted by Paul Gier <pg...@redhat.com>.
Brett Porter wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> This has been the state of play in surefire for some time due to lack of
> volunteers:
> http://docs.codehaus.org/display/MAVEN/Surefire+TestNG+refactoring
> I'm still only finding occasional time for it and usually some
> regression in 2.3 takes my attention first - I still need to ship 2.3.1 :(
>
> Anyone interested in looking at Surefire, the TestNG support, or any
> Surefire bugs in general?
>
> Particularly anyone at ApacheCon who can get together and hack on it
> this week.
>
> Cheers,
> Brett
>
> --

I won't be at ApacheCon, but I should have some time to help.  Looking at the
remaining issues for 2.3.1 I don't see a lot of TestNG specific stuff.  Do you
need more help with 2.3.1 issues or with 2.4 TestNG issues?

Paul