Posted to taglibs-user@tomcat.apache.org by Johann Uhrmann <jo...@xpecto.com> on 2002/10/30 14:36:13 UTC

JSTL: ResourceBundle lookup with fmt:message

Hi,

I just discovered a quite strange behaviour while using fmt:message:

The situation:

I am using my own ResourceBundle-Classes (they access a database to
get the strings).
There are three resource bundles: WebBundle WebBundle_en and
WebBundle_de
The first and the latter return the same strings.

I use fmt:setLocale to set the locale to request.getLocale() at the top
of the page. Then, some localized strings should be printed.

The unexpected behaviour:

When the preferred languages in the browser are changed, the language
of the web site does not change. It needs a reload of the web
application to change the language according to the change in the
browser.

Does someone know this problem?

Thanks,

Hans