Posted to java-user@lucene.apache.org by Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com> on 2014/02/14 19:21:01 UTC

Reverse Matching

Hi There,
Is there a way to do reverse matching by indexing the queries in an index and passing a document to see how many queries matched that? I know that I can have the queries in memory and have the document parsed in a memory index and then loop through trying to match each query. The issue I have is, we could have millions of such queries and looping through them to match it against the document is not feasible for us.

regards
-Siraj
(212) 306-0154

________________________________
This electronic mail message and any attachments may contain information which is privileged, sensitive and/or otherwise exempt from disclosure under applicable law. The information is intended only for the use of the individual or entity named as the addressee above. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any disclosure, copying, distribution (electronic or otherwise) or forwarding of, or the taking of any action in reliance on, the contents of this transmission is strictly prohibited. If you have received this electronic transmission in error, please notify us by telephone, facsimile, or e-mail as noted above to arrange for the return of any electronic mail or attachments. Thank You.

RE: Reverse Matching

Posted by Siraj Haider <si...@jobdiva.com>.
Thanks Alan. Do you know when we could expect it to be released?

regards
-Siraj
(212) 306-0154

Posted by Alan Woodward <al...@flax.co.uk>.