Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by de...@geschan.de on 2013/03/01 11:12:40 UTC

Re: Get page number of searchresult of a pdf in solr

Is it possible to write a plugin that is converting each page
separately with Tika and saving all pages in one document (maybe in a
dynamic field like "page_*")? I would like to have only one document
stored in SOLR for each pdf (it fit's better to the way my web
application is managing these documents and I would like to use the
same id as unique identifier).

To be honest, I can't understand why SOLR is not able to find the
pages where the search term was found in. It's a quite common task in
my opinion.

-Gesh