Posted to dev@ignite.apache.org by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org> on 2015/04/25 01:34:39 UTC

[DISCUSS] Ignite configuration wizards

Hello everyone,

I have an idea to simplify Ignite configuration via several web-based
wizards which will allow to configure Ignite with a few button clicks.

For example, you should be able to specify all cache configuration
properties, all persistence properties, streaming, etc. through a very
intuitive UI interface. At the end of the process, we could provide several
docker files which can be easily deployed in any environment.

These wizards can reside as a separate web module under Ignite repo.

Let this thread be the start of the discussion.

Thoughts?

D.

Re: [DISCUSS] Ignite configuration wizards

Posted by Rodrigo Abreu <ra...@gmail.com>.
That's a great idea. By configuration files do you also mean cloud-config
files?

A command line interface would be also quite useful. Actually the web
interface could leverage it.

Thanks,
Rodrigo Abreu.

Posted by Dmitriy Setrakyan <ds...@apache.org>.