Posted to dev@flex.apache.org by Erik de Bruin <er...@ixsoftware.nl> on 2013/03/29 09:15:48 UTC

[Git + Falcon] all projects in one basket?

Hi,

A question for the git gurus out there:

Currently all 5 Falcon projects (compiler, js, js and 2x tests) are
all in one repo. This means that on my system, all these repos will be
on the same branch. Now, if at some point in the future we want to
work on Jx in one branch (say a BugFix), but want to use the changes
made to the compiler on the 'develop' branch. How do we go about this?
Wouldn't it make more sense to have 5 different repos - or three, if
we include the tests with their respective projects? Or am I just
missing some magic sequence of checkout/pull/rebase that might be
used?

Thanks,

EdB

--
Ix Multimedia Software

Jan Luykenstraat 27
3521 VB Utrecht

T. 06-51952295
I. www.ixsoftware.nl

Re: [Git + Falcon] all projects in one basket?

Posted by Jose Barragan <jo...@codeoscopic.com>.
Just two ideas:

1- clone again in your hard disk to establish each current branch and related each together, just for your local usage
2- separate those subprojects as git submodules, by this way, you can establish any pointer at any submodule related from a single commit in master project.

-Jose

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@classsoftware.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Frédéric THOMAS <we...@hotmail.com>.
Well, I don't know the specifics of your projects, I mean how those projects
have things in common, so don't take my answer as 100% adapted for your
case.

Tell more specific case, maybe I can't be more specific as well.

-Fred