Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com> on 2018/01/02 17:00:24 UTC

Re: Xerces-J 2.* On JDK 9

I can imagine there would be an issue with xml-apis.jar (and Java 9
modularization), but nothing in xercesImpl.jar should conflict with
classes in JDK 9. You should be able to include the implementation jar on
the regular classpath.

Thanks.

Michael Glavassevich
XML Technologies and WAS Development
IBM Toronto Lab
E-mail: mrglavas@ca.ibm.com
E-mail: mrglavas@apache.org

Mark Raynsford <li...@io7m.com> wrote on 12/06/2017
11:40:13 AM:

Re: Xerces-J 2.* On JDK 9

Posted by Mukul Gandhi <mu...@apache.org>.
On Tue, Jan 2, 2018 at 10:30 PM, Michael Glavassevich <mr...@ca.ibm.com>
wrote:

> I can imagine there would be an issue with xml-apis.jar (and Java 9
> modularization), but nothing in xercesImpl.jar should conflict with classes
> in JDK 9. You should be able to include the implementation jar on the
> regular classpath.

 I just tried running Xerces on Java 9 (without Java 9 modularization, but
putting all Xerces Jars on Java 9 classpath). It works.

Here's a simple windows .bat file that works fine,

@echo off
set JAVA_HOME="C:\Program Files\Java\jdk-9.0.4"
set
BUILD_DIR=E:\eclipseWorkspace\xercesj\xerces-java-xml-schema-1.1-dev\build
set
CP=%BUILD_DIR%\cupv10k-runtime.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\icu4j.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\org.eclipse.wst.xml.xpath2.processor_1.2.0.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\resolver.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\serializer.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\xercesImpl.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\xercesSamples.jar;%BUILD_DIR%\xml-apis.jar
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java -classpath %CP% jaxp.SourceValidator -i %1 -a %2 -f
-xsd11

Therefore I can claim,
XercesJ XSD 1.1 runs fine on Java 1.4.x upto Java 9,
&
XercesJ on trunk runs fine on Java 1.3.x upto Java 9.

Mukul Gandhi