Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Xiaojun Deng <xj...@gmail.com> on 2010/03/01 08:49:03 UTC

Re: Tomcat SSO JSESSIONIDSSO value can't be reset by browser

On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 03:28:50PM +0000, Pid wrote:
>On 26/02/2010 14:58, Xiaojun Deng wrote:

>>>How many applications do you have deployed, and what is the session timeout
>>>for each one?
>>>

>>I deployed 3 applications, and two session timeout are 60min, and the
>>rest is 5min for testing,
>
>OK - so if you're using the SSO valve, then the longer session
>timeout should mean that the users of the app with the shorter one is
>automatically logged in again.

yes, thanks for your comments

>>All the applications' JSESSIONID can be reset when the session timeout
>>(5min) or server restart (I checked the Firefox cookies manager),
>>but the JSESSIONIDSSO value can't be reset, it keep the old cookie
>>value, and when login into the server again, it failed caused by using
>>a old
>>cookie value, but the server have created a new session cookie.
>
>I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean here.  The value of
>JSESSIONID may change, but the session itself should remain intact.
>
>What is failing, exactly, and what symptoms are you seeing?  The user
>is logged out, or an error page?

I'm sorry for the descriptions, maybe it's a complex problem for me...
Because I used the JSESSIONIDSSO value to validate, and I just want to the
value will change when the session timout or server restart, but when session timeouted,
the firefox cookie still keeped the old value, I don't know what happened.

>>Actually, I don't know who manages the JSESSIONIDSSO, I think the
>>JSESSIONID managed by each application, and it can refresh when
>>session timeout, but why the JSESSIONIDSSO can't work well?
>>
>>Thanks.
>
>The %CATALINA_HOME%/conf/context.xml file contains a documented
>setting which allows the session to be persisted during restarts.  If
>it is enabled then the session will be restored to each user, after
>restart.

I don't enable it.
A session(JSESSIONID) is managed by the web application, like
webapps/app1
webapps/app2
But who manages the JSESSIONIDSSO?

Now I resolved this problem via deleting the JSESSIONIDSSO cookie value, and it
will create a new value, and work well.

Thanks.

Re: Tomcat SSO JSESSIONIDSSO value can't be reset by browser

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 01/03/2010 07:49, Xiaojun Deng wrote:
> On Fri, Feb 26, 2010 at 03:28:50PM +0000, Pid wrote:

>>> I deployed 3 applications, and two session timeout are 60min, and the
>>> rest is 5min for testing,
>>
>> OK - so if you're using the SSO valve, then the longer session
>> timeout should mean that the users of the app with the shorter one is
>> automatically logged in again.
>>
> yes, thanks for your comments
>>
>>> All the applications' JSESSIONID can be reset when the session timeout
>>> (5min) or server restart (I checked the Firefox cookies manager),
>>> but the JSESSIONIDSSO value can't be reset, it keep the old cookie
>>> value, and when login into the server again, it failed caused by using
>>> a old
>>> cookie value, but the server have created a new session cookie.
>>
>> I'm not entirely sure I understand what you mean here.  The value of
>> JSESSIONID may change, but the session itself should remain intact.
>>
>> What is failing, exactly, and what symptoms are you seeing?  The user
>> is logged out, or an error page?
>>

> I'm sorry for the descriptions, maybe it's a complex problem for me...
> Because I used the JSESSIONIDSSO value to validate, and I just want to the
> value will change when the session timout or server restart, but when session timeouted,
> the firefox cookie still keeped the old value, I don't know what happened.

Uaed the JSESSIONIDSSO value to validate what?

>>> Actually, I don't know who manages the JSESSIONIDSSO, I think the
>>> JSESSIONID managed by each application, and it can refresh when
>>> session timeout, but why the JSESSIONIDSSO can't work well?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>
>> The %CATALINA_HOME%/conf/context.xml file contains a documented
>> setting which allows the session to be persisted during restarts.  If
>> it is enabled then the session will be restored to each user, after
>> restart.
>>
> I don't enable it.
> A session(JSESSIONID) is managed by the web application, like
> webapps/app1
> webapps/app2
> But who manages the JSESSIONIDSSO?

The SingleSignOnValve in the Host.

> Now I resolved this problem via deleting the JSESSIONIDSSO cookie value, and it
> will create a new value, and work well.

I don't understand that, but hey.